Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership is subject to Mova Salon Terms and Conditions. Please print a copy for your records. If you decide you do not agree with the terms and conditions, please cancel with us before your first payment is taken.
MOVA SALON AND MOVA CLUB MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
1. ‘The Company’ is Mova Salon, also referred to in the agreement as ‘Mova Salon, ’the salon’, ‘we’ and ‘us’.
2. If you have purchased membership for yourself, you are referred to in the agreement as ‘you’, ‘the member’, “the client”, or “the customer”.
3. If you have purchased membership as a gift, terms relating to payment are applicable to the purchaser. Terms relating to membership and services are applicable to the member who is referred to as ‘you’ ‘the member’, “the client”, or “the customer”.
1. This Agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales. You should print a copy of this Agreement for future reference and a copy will be emailed to you following purchase.
2. The membership agreement is of a one (1) year duration (subject to terms under the heading “Cancellation”).
3. If any of the terms of this Agreement are invalid, unenforceable or illegal the remaining terms can still be enforced.
4. We may make reasonable changes to the Membership Agreement terms and conditions at any time.
5. We will send you an email confirmation of these terms using the email address you used when you joined.
6. Membership is open to all customers over the age of 18. You must have access to an email account and provide us with the email address.
7. The Company reserves the right to restrict the number of memberships available at each tier or across the whole salon without notice or explanation.
8. Additional services (for example conditioning treatments) and products over and above your annual entitlement will be charged at the price listed and do not form part of this agreement.
1. Membership is not transferable. Any attempt to book services on behalf of someone else will bring this agreement to an immediate end and a penalty of £200 becomes immediately payable.
2. Each level of membership carries a particular set of benefits. You should ensure that the level of membership you choose is appropriate for your needs.
3. We may, at our discretion, allow you to move to a higher level of membership, but membership cannot be downgraded to a lower level except at the renewal date.
MOVA CLUB – UNLIMITED CUTS
Purchase of this membership entitles you to;
1. Unlimited haircuts (subject to terms under “Unlimited Cuts” below) with any grade of stylist subject to normal salon availability, excluding salon’s artistic director where there will be an additional charge
2. You will receive members and guest day ticket to our yearly event
1. Purchase of membership entitles you to unlimited haircuts during the one (1) year membership agreement.
2. Cuts are subject to normal salon availability: Members receive no priority for available appointment slots and no guarantee of availability is made.
3. You can book your haircuts up to one calendar year ahead.
4. Though the number of haircuts is unlimited, we would view having more than one (1) haircut in a three-week period as excessive and unreasonable. If you need to exceed this please discuss your requirements with your stylist ahead of purchasing membership.
5. Repeat no shows for booked appointments could be viewed as excessive and unreasonable.
6. Haircut appointments cannot be used simply to obtain free blow-dry services. If we feel you are abusing the free cuts we reserve the right to cancel your membership (see “Cancellation” above)
Special Day Entitlement
As part of membership, you will be issued with one Special Day Entitlement
1. The Special Day service has a special last minute booking service, that entitles you to get a booking the same day (during our salon opening hours).
2. To use a Special Day you must call before 10am to ensure service the same day. Calls must be placed on the same day as the required appointment.
3. Special Day vouchers are not transferable and you have 1 per membership year.
4. Though we guarantee service, we cannot guarantee the member of staff who will carry out that service. We will endeavour to use a qualified stylist, but we may use a supervised, capable apprentice at our discretion.
1. By purchasing the membership you are agreeing to the terms of this membership agreement. A copy of these terms will be emailed to you following your purchase.
2. Payments are due every four (4) weeks and will be collected from the card you used to purchase the membership. You agree to maintain the payments. Please do not cancel your payments without contacting us first.
3. If you fail to make the payment from your account when due Mova Salon will write or email to advise you of this. An administration fee of £20 will be charged for each failed direct debit payment.
4. If you cancel your payment without giving us notice of cancellation (see “Cancellation” below) or making a new payment instruction an administration fee of £20 will be charged for each failed direct debit payment.
5. If you fail to make an overdue payment within 14 days you agree that:
a) The full outstanding amount for your one-year membership shall be immediately due
b) We may use you Direct Debit mandate to recover the full outstanding amount
You will in these circumstances have the option to instead cancel your membership in line with the terms of this agreement under the heading “Cancellation”.
6. Should the Company be obliged to institute legal proceedings against the Member arising from breach of the terms of this Membership Agreement, including but in no way limited to their failure to pay any amount due by the due date, the Member acknowledges that they shall be liable for all tracing fees, collection commission and legal costs as may be allowed by the Court.
7. The Company may disclose personal particulars contained in the Membership Agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
8. Payments by instalments are due regardless of your salon usage. In the event of a payment default use of salon services will be denied until the shortfall has been made up.
1. You will be contacted by email before the expiration of current membership, detailing the ruling rate at which membership can be renewed. Unless you give the Company written registered notice terminating your membership two (2) weeks before expiration of the current membership, the Member agrees that membership shall automatically be renewed for a further year at the same level and under the same terms. In the event a level of membership is discontinued we will renew your membership on the closest equivalent level. If you choose to communicate your cancellation by email, we strongly recommend calling Staines Salon on 01784 449727 or Virginia Water Salon on 01344
843500 to confirm receipt.
2. In case of dispute the onus is on you to show that you terminated membership in accordance with these terms.
1. You may cancel your membership without giving any reason within 14 days of membership. This allows time for you to ensure you have made a sound decision about membership, and to allow the beneficiary of gift membership the opportunity to ensure they can and will agree to the terms of this membership agreement.
a) If you have had the benefit of any services or products in the first 14 days you must pay the difference between your four (4) week membership payment and the total tariff or list price of the products and services.
b) If you have not had any service, we will refund your first payment in full.
2. This is not a credit agreement and you may cancel your membership at any time during the one (1) year period. You must give us a minimum of two weeks’ notice or pay an administration fee of £50 in lieu of notice.
3. We reserve the right to cancel your membership without notice or giving any reason. No refund will be made for past membership fees though we will refund the current four (4) weeks fee if you have not had the benefit of any service or products during the current month.
4. If we cancel your membership due to abuse of membership benefits, either real or perceived, we will charge you for any difference between the amount you have paid in membership fees and the price list total for services you have enjoyed. We reserve the right to use your Direct Debit instruction to recover this amount.
1. A Force Majeure Event is defined as an event beyond the reasonable control of Mova Salons. These could include but are not limited to industrial disputes (whether involving Mova Salons or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, pandemic, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
2. We shall not be liable to you as a result of any failure to perform our obligations under this agreement as a result of a Force Majeure Event.
Mova Salon, Staines-Upon-Thames
01784 449 727
3 Church Street, Staines-Upon-Thames
Middlesex, TW18 4EN
Mova Salon, Virginia Water
01344 843 500
15 Station Parade, Virginia Water
Surrey, GU25 4AE